- Manzoor M, Lommi S, Furuholm J, Sarkkola C, Engberg E, Raju S, Viljakainen H. High abundance of sugar metabolisers in saliva of children with caries. Scientific Reports 2021, 11:4424.
- Räisänen L, Viljakainen H, Sarkkola C, Kolho K-L. Perinatal risk factors for pediatric onset type 1 diabetes, autoimmune thyroiditis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and inflammatory bowel diseases. Eur J Pediatr (2021).
- Figueiredo RAO, Kajantie E, Neuvonen PJ, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E, Viljakainen H. Lifetime antimicrobial use is associated with weight status in early adolescence—A register‐based cohort study. Pediatric Obesity. 2020;e12727.
- Raju S, Viljakainen H, Figueiredo RAO, Neuvonen PJ, Eriksson JG, Weiderpass E, Rounge TB. Antimicrobial drug use in the first decade of life influences saliva microbiota diversity and composition. Microbiome 8, 121 (2020).
- Eshriqui I, Viljakainen HT, Ferreira SRG, Raju SC, Weiderpass E, Figueiredo RAO. Breastfeeding may have a long-term effect on oral microbiota: results from the Fin-HIT cohort. Int Breastfeed J. 2020 May 15;15(1):42.
- Lommi S, Figueiredo RAO, Tuorila H, Viljakainen H. Frequent use of selected sugary products associates with thinness, but not overweight during preadolescence: a cross-sectional study. Br J Nutr. 2020 Apr 21;1-25.
- Viljakainen J, Raju SC, Viljakainen H, Figueiredo RAO, Roos E, Weiderpass E, Rounge TB. Meal Regularity Plays a Role in Shaping the Saliva Microbiota. Front. Microbiol., 24 April 2020
- Engberg E, Figueiredo RAO, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E, Viljakainen H. Heavy Screen Use on Weekends in Childhood Predicts Increased Body Mass Index in Adolescence: A Three-Year Follow-Up Study. J Adolesc. Health. 6 November 2019.
- Viljakainen H, Dahlström E, Figueiredo R, Sandholm N, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E. Genetic risk score predicts risk for overweight and obesity in Finnish preadolescents. Clinical Obesity 2019;e12342.
- Engberg E, Figueiredo RAO, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E, Viljakainen H. Heavy screen users are the heaviest among 10,000 children. Scientific Reports 2019 9:11158.
- Viljakainen J, Figueiredo RAO, Viljakainen H, Roos E, Weiderpass E, Rounge TB. Eating habits and weight status in Finnish adolescents. Public Health Nutr. 2019 Jun 21:1-8.
- Lommi S, Viljakainen HT, Weiderpass E, Figueiredo RAO. Children’s Eating Attitudes Test (ChEAT): a validation study in Finnish children. Eat Weight Disord 22 May 2019.
- Raju SC, Lagström S, Ellonen P, de Vos WM, Eriksson JG, Weiderpass E, Rounge TB. Gender-specific associations between saliva microbiota and body size. Front. Microbiol. 10 April 2019.
- Figueiredo RAO, Viljakainen J, Viljakainen H, Roos E, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E. Identifying eating habits in Finnish children: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2019 Mar 15;19(1):312.
- Viljakainen HT, Figueiredo RAO, Rounge TB, Weiderpass E. Picky eating – A risk factor for underweight in Finnish preadolescents. Appetite. 2019 Feb 1;133:107-114.
- Page GM, Vos L, Rounge TB, Harbo HF, Andreassen BK. Assessing genome-wide significance for the detection of differentially methylated regions. Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol. 2018 Sep 19;17(5).
- Figueiredo RAO, Simola-Ström S, Rounge TB, Viljakainen H, Eriksson JG, Roos E, Weiderpass E. Cohort profile -The Finnish Health in Teens (Fin-HIT) Study: a population-based study. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2018 Sep 12.
- Figueiredo RAO, Simola-Ström S, Isomaa R, Weiderpass E. Body dissatisfaction and disordered eating symptoms in Finnish preadolescents. Eating Disorders. Jul 24:1-18.
- Reproducibility and repeatability of six high-throughput 16S rDNA sequencing protocols for microbiota profiling. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 2018; 147: 76-86. , , P, W M, J, E,
- Figueiredo RAO, Roos E, Eriksson JG, Simola-Ström S, Weiderpass E. Maternal alcohol and tobacco consumption and the association with their 9 to 14-year-old children’s Body Mass Index Scandinavian Journal of Public Health 2017; 45(5):503-510.
- Määttä S, Nuutinen T, Ray C, Eriksson JG, Weiderpass E, Roos E. Validity of self-reported out-of-school physical activity among Finnish 11-year-old children. Arch Public Health 2016; 74, 11.
- Rounge TB, Page CM, Lepistö M, Ellonen P, Andreassen B, Weiderpass E. Genome-wide DNA methylation in saliva and body size of adolescent girls. Epigenomics 2016; Vol. 8, No. 11.
- Sarkkola C, Rounge TB, Simola-Ström S, Von Kraemer S, Roos E, Weiderpass E. Validity of home-measured height, weight and waist circumference among adolescents. Eur J Public Health 2016; 26 (6): 975-977.
- Ludvigsson J, Håberg S, Knudsen GP, Lafolie P, Zoeka H, Sarkkola C, von Kraemer S, Weiderpass E, Nørgaard M. Ethical aspects of registry-based research in the Nordic countries. Clin Epidemiol. 2015 Nov 23;7:491-508.
- Viljakainen-Diop J. Eating habits, body mass and saliva microbiota in Finnish adolescents. University of Helsinki, 2020.
- Raju S. Salivary microbiota – how to measure it and its associations with body size and antimicrobial use. University of Helsinki, 2019.